Important resources for health professionals including:
- Immunisation against infectious disease 'Green Book'
- FTM Recommendations for the practice of travel medicine
- HPA Vaccine Incidence Guidance
- HPA Migrant Health Guide
- Travel health nursing: career and competence development. RCN Guidance
- Patient Group Directions guide and competency framework (2MB PDF)
- GPC: Focus on travel immunisations
- WHO International Travel & Health book
- CDC Health Information for International Travel book
Training and conferences
Information on travel health training and conferences
Recent Clinical Updates
Regular reports on outbreaks of disease, vaccine supply issues, and recommended changes in advice and practice. The most recent Clinical Updates are listed below.
- 18 June 2013
- Imported Canine Rabies: Toledo, Spain – update on areas of increased risk
- 12 June 2013
- Imported Canine rabies: Toledo, Spain
- 11 June 2013
- Rubella Risk in Japan
- 10 June 2013
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus, MERS-CoV: Italy (first reported cases) and Saudi Arabia (update on case numbers)
News and Announcements
17 May 2013
World Health Organization announcement: Yellow fever reinforcing dose
The World Health Organization (WHO) Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on immunization (SAGE) has announced that a ‘booster’ dose of yellow fever (YF) vaccine, ten years after a primary dose, is not necessary. Click here for further information.
9 May 2013
Foreign and Commonwealth Office ends LOCATE registration.
FCO has announced a new strategy for advising British travellers. See News item for further information.
27 March 2013
2010 edition of the ‘Yellow Book’ now free of charge (whilst stock lasts)
The ‘Yellow Book’ is now available free of charge whilst stock lasts. See the News item for further information.
26 March 2013
Change to NaTHNaC Advice Line opening hours
As of the 10 April 2013, the opening hours of the NaTHNaC Advice Line are changing.
The new opening hours will be:
Monday to Friday (closed on Bank Holidays)
08.30 – 11.45 hrs
13.00 – 15.15 hrs
22 March 2013
Developments in Travel Medicine
RSTMH and NaTHNaC are organising a one day travel medicine meeting - Developments in Travel Medicine on Thursday 27 June 2013. See the News item for further information.
We are unable to answer travel health queries from the general public. Travellers can find advice on the Travellers section of this website.
0845 602 6712 (local call rate)
Monday – Friday
08:30-11:45 and 13:00-15:15
The advice line is for health professionals who have queries about travel scenarios that involve either complex itineraries or travellers with special health needs. More information can be found on the Contact Us page.
Before ringing NaTHNaC, please check our Frequently Asked Questions to see if you can find the answer to your question.
Health Information for Overseas Travel, the UK Yellow Book
NaTHNaC Online Shop
To view available resources
Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres
Frequently Asked Questions
Before ringing NaTHNaC, please check our FAQs page to see if you can find the answer to your question.