Important resources for health professionals including:
- Immunisation against infectious disease 'Green Book'
- FTM Recommendations for the practice of travel medicine
- HPA Vaccine Incidence Guidance
- HPA Migrant Health Guide
- Travel health nursing: career and competence development. RCN Guidance
- Patient Group Directions guide and competency framework (2MB PDF)
- GPC: Focus on travel immunisations
- WHO International Travel & Health book
- CDC Health Information for International Travel book
- Guidelines for malaria prevention in travellers from the United Kingdom
Training and conferences
Information on travel health training and conferences
Recent Clinical Updates
Regular reports on outbreaks of disease, vaccine supply issues, and recommended changes in advice and practice. The most recent Clinical Updates are listed below.
- 24 July 2014
- Chikungunya virus: Caribbean and the Americas – update 8
- 22 July 2014
- Ebola virus disease: West Africa - update
- 16 July 2014
- Changes to the country information pages for Hepatitis B
- 4 July 2014
- Crimean Congo haemorrhagic fever: UK ex Bulgaria
News and Announcements
18 July 2014
British Behaviour Abroad
On 17 July 2014, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) published their annual British Behaviour Abroad report. More information here.
8 July 2014
PHE publishes Chikungunya, England, Wales and Northern Ireland Report for 2013
Public Health England publishes 2013 Chikungunya case numbers in travellers from England, Wales and Northern Ireland. More information here.
8 July 2014
PHE publishes Dengue, England, Wales and Northern Ireland Report for 2013
Public Health England has published data for the number of dengue fever cases reported in travellers from England, Wales and Northern Ireland in 2013. See more here.
4 July 2014
Equatorial Guinea confirmed as poliovirus-exporting country
There are four countries currently exporting wild poliovirus; more information here.
4 July 2014
Public Health England (PHE) advises Ebola Virus cases in West Africa continue to rise
Public Health England (PHE) has reported on the escalating outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in West Africa. More information here.
19 June 2014
Vacancy: Specialty Doctor in Travel Medicine:
NaTHNaC are looking for a specialty grade doctor
More information here.
Change to NaTHNaC Advice Line opening hours
As of 23 June 2014, the opening hours of the NaTHNaC Advice Line are changing. More information here.
2 June 2014
Seeing travellers going to the Middle East?
Two posters highlighting Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) aimed specifically at those travelling to and from the Middle East are now available on Public Health England’s website. More information here.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 3447 5943
Monday to Friday:
09.30 - 11.30 and 14.30 - 16.30
(closed on Bank Holidays and Staff Training Days)
Fax: +44 (0)20 3447 9486
Advice Line for Health Professionals
0845 602 6712 (local call rate)
Monday – Friday (closed Wednesday afternoons and Bank Holidays)
09.00-11:45 and 13:00-15:45
Information and updates
NaTHNaC Online Shop
To view available resources
Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVCs)
Frequently Asked Questions
Before ringing NaTHNaC, please check our FAQs page to see if you can find the answer to your question.