Welcome to NaTHNaC
This part of the NaTHNaC website is designed for travellers. If you are a Health Professional, click here to go to the Health Professionals side of the site.
The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) provides health information for both health professionals and travellers. The information has been compiled by the NaTHNaC clinical and scientific team, and is updated regularly. On these pages you will be able find information about:
Travel Health News
Recent News items
- 24 May 2013
- Wild polio virus reported in Kenya and Somalia
- 23 May 2013
- Novel coronavirus 2012 (MERS-CoV): Tunisia (first reported cases) and Saudi Arabia (update on case numbers)
- 21 May 2013
- H7N9 avian influenza human infections in China – update 4
- 21 May 2013
- Novel coronavirus 2012 (MERS-CoV): update
3 January 2013
Telephone Advice lines
NaTHNaC is unable to answer queries from the public. For advice specific to your trip, it is always best to consult your general practice surgery or a travel medicine clinic.
The following advice line may be able to offer advice:
- Hospital for Tropical Diseases: 020 7950 7799
You are advised to visit your general practice surgery or a travel medicine clinic at least 6 weeks before you travel. However, it is never too late to seek advice. If you have a medical condition, you are advised to discuss the suitability of the trip before you book.